Saturday, August 10, 2013

Fat Momma Joke.


I have no photo of me at my heaviest.  I don't even know how much I weighed at my heaviest.  I no longer wanted my picture taken and I would look away when I have to step on the scale. I do know my heaviest was on July 14th, 2013 at 8:02 p.m.  This is because one minute later my son was born.

One week before my c-section I was at the doctors and stepped on the scale.  296.  TWO HUNDRED AND NINETY SIX!!!  I didn't look at the scale, the nurse said it out loud.  Thanks.  I vowed I would not make it to 300 before Parker was here, that I would NEVER hit that number.  I have no idea what I made it to, I'd like to think I never hit that awful number.

Most people don't see me as weighing that much. I'm 5'11 so I hide weight very well.  Don't get me wrong, I don't hide it that well.  

As the days crept up to my due date I wanted to check the scale.  One day I braved it and stepped on only to see the scale go clockwise and back to 0.  There was never a reason to see how high the scale went, but now I did, it was 280.  That helped my self-esteem.  I was now a Fat Momma Joke.

Well instead of 12 days, Parker was born only four after that doctors appointment. As I started this challenge I was already back to 259. I haven't weighed myself since and plan on doing it weekly which means it will be coming up soon.  

I have been walking daily, watching what I eat and breastfeeding.  I hear breastfeeding can burn up to an additional 500 calories a day, so that would be nice.  Benefits for the baby AND me. :)

I might be starting off slow, but I'm proud,  I've done more this week than I have in a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment